The Stanford School of Medicine's Summer Health Careers Opportunity Program is an academically rigorous six-week residential program that encourages and provides an academic learning environment for 25 talented college sophomores and juniors who expect to graduate after the summer of 2013, who seek a career in medicine and have experienced educational or academic barriers.
In addition to free housing and meals, the Stanford Summer HCOP offers:
- Research and clinical exposure opportunities
- The role of civic and political activism in medicine
- Anatomy and cellular biology
- An introduction to the MCAT
- Academic and test-taking strategies
- Workshops on the medical school admissions process
- Networking with peers who share your goals
- Mentoring by Stanford medical students, faculty and staff
- Weekly classes on leadership and careers in medicine
Click here for more information and to access the online application.